These cloud apps come up short, however, for leadership critical thinking and decision-making among teams and cross-boundary groups.
The GEO WebCouncil™ System is a proven platform to bridge critical leadership thinking and decision making gaps.
The GEO WebCouncil™ System turbocharges virtual collaboration in three ways:
- Ability to Focus – Our turnkey design and facilitation services eliminate technology hassles. You can focus your full energy and attention on driving the agenda and achieving your desired results.
- Fast-cycle Sessions – Our virtual tools increase your productivity. As one client reported, “We accomplish more collaboration in one hour online than we do in two hours face-to-face.”
- Accelerated Thinking – Our high-velocity processes accelerate idea generation and decision-making even when you expand the number of session participants to include a large group.
An investment counsel firm used the GEO WebCouncil™ System to engage all its members in strategic thinking, planning and execution.
The firm’s past strategic planning had used the traditional approach ─ the executive team worked off-site for a couple of days with a facilitator. They returned to the office with a plan, but it usually ended up in a binder on the shelf.
So, the firm tried something new: the GEO WebCouncil™ System. The 28-member co-located group ― counselors and professional staff ― collaborated online. Each week a GEO Advisor facilitated a one-hour online session. Over 90-days, the group shaped a strategy to transform their business. To execute it, they continued to collaborate virtually for the next nine months.
All the online sessions were designed and facilitated remotely by a GEO Advisor following the process of Weekly Cycles illustrated below.
“I like the short-burst weekly pace. Our agenda is laid out for us online, clearly organized. We can debate the issues and then make rapid, smart decisions using our Collective Intelligence.”
A national association of university deans used the GEO WebCouncil™ System
to engage stakeholders and inform its strategic planning.
Rather than send a survey to members across the country as they had done in the past, the board of directors decided to conduct facilitated virtual collaboration sessions.
Fifty stakeholders logged into the the GEO WebCouncil™ System for each session. The GEO Advisor facilitated a discussion of key strategic issues and then posed simply stated questions. The stakeholders then simultaneously entered their answers via online feedback tools. It was fast, precise, and everyone’s thoughts were captured.
Following each session, the GEO Advisor synthesized all the responses and prepared a “Theme Analysis” for the stakeholders to review prior to the next collaboration session.
Over three weeks, divergent viewpoints converged. Following the third session, the GEO Advisor prepared a deliverable draft that the board used to make key strategic decisions.
“This is an exceptionally well-conceived approach to collaboration. It is both an extremely effective way to get broad input from a large group and make it through a tight agenda quickly. Very impressive!”
The process was large scale. It included 250 leaders across levels, functions, and locations. The leaders were organized into 25 virtual teams that met online each week for strategic thinking and planning. Each one-hour session was designed and co-facilitated by a GEO Advisor and an HR Director.
The client identified two significant benefits of this approach. First, it simplified the meeting logistics and reduced costs because the leaders were not gathering physically in one location. Second, the collaboration tools allowed a broad spectrum of diverse thinking to be quickly captured, synthesized, and translated into a strategic plan.
“The fact that our whole group could think together in real-time, regardless of our location, allowed us to rapidly converge on a winning strategy that everyone understood and bought into.”
A Force Multiplier is a resource that dramatically amplifies your effectiveness.
The GEO WebCouncil™ System is a Force Multiplier. It delivers faster, better outcomes with less time and effort.
Leaders use this Force Multplier to:
- Make more-informed decisions
- Shape and execute strategic plans
- Pivot and re-align when circumstances change
- Tap Collective IQ to solve complex problems
- Build trust by demonstrating transparency
The unique attributes of the GEO WebCouncil™ System process include:
- Balanced Participation – Everyone can ‘say their piece’ simultaneously
- Focused Conversations – Virtual Advisor keeps discussions on point
- Achieving Consensus – Viewpoints converge as decisions are deliberated
- Decision Commitment – Group decisions tend to be strongly supported
- Efficiency – Spending less time in meetings with better outcomes
There are SIX KEY SUCCESS FACTORS for the GEO WebCouncil™ System